With my warmest regards, here is my “Howdy”!
- After graduation from West High I enrolled in the University of Iowa.
- I soon got into psychedelics and was thoroughly charmed by their effects. I believed that the psychedelic experience ought to be the normal experience of life and consequently sought to understand it and somehow make it a permanent reality.
- I read “Autobiography of A Yogi”, said to myself, “This is it!” and signed up for the lessons recommended by Paramahansa Yogananda.
- Before receiving the lessons, my Mom suggested I and my girlfriend, Denise Philips, start Transcendental Meditation. We did! (1974) We liked it!
- However, then the lessons from Yogananda’s organization, The Self-Realization Fellowship, arrived and I quit TM and started their program of meditation.
- Denise continued to practice TM and signed up for an “in residence” course during which the participants do an extra meditation in the morning. THANK YOU DENISE!
- Fortunately, I decided to join her on the course.
- I saw Maharishi Mahesh Yogi on videotape and coupled with the experience of extra meditation, had a conversion experience!
- Totally sold out to TM!
- Realized the Self in December of 1994 and started reading a book entitled “Vasistha’s Yoga” (the second “s” is pronounced “sh”) translated by Swami Venkatesananda (available on Amazon).
- If I were on my death bed, the last words I would say are, “Read ‘Vasistha’s Yoga’ “.
I would also like to deeply apologize to each and everyone who was hurt by the profoundly ignorant, uncompassionate, and blindly egotistical behavior during my high school years!
Happy 50th Reunion!